Sunday 24 May 2015

Veined Flowers: 3D Flower Veiner


I'm not a huge fan of super-realistic sugar flowers. (I'm alone in that, I know. I can handle it!)
I fully appreciate the incredible skill that goes into making them; I just don't want to do it myself.
I don't have the patience for perfectly proportioned pistils or carefully correct calyces...
But a little bit of realism is a pretty thing, especially if it's simple, easy and quick!






How to use a 3D flower veiner:

Roll out CMC/ tylose paste

Cut with a 5 petal- blossom cutter.

Dust the petal veiner with a little corn flour.

Position the petals upon the veiner (you can use either side).

Press the two parts together - too much pressure will break the petals, too little will leave little imprint.

Carefully lift the flower away from the veiner.

Dry in a flower former.


Complete with a little dusting and a few sprinkles in the centres ...


...so realistic  ;o)



If you want to see my go-to chocolate cupcake recipe, you'll find it here.
And here for this creamy, dreamy chocolate icing.






Happy baking and flower making!

xxM 



No comments:

Post a Comment