Sunday 22 March 2015

Mermaid Birthday Party

Months ago when I was setting up my schedule for the first semester, I set aside this whole week to leisurely prepare for my daughter's mermaid-themed 5th birthday party.
As it turned out, I spent the whole of Monday morning on an outing with my son's class; Tuesday morning in theatre; Wednesday, the whole day on a course; Thursday and Friday back in theatre...(Oh, and did I mention my husband was away over the weekend for a conference?!)
So, by the time the party arrived, I was feeling ragged. But my sister came to the rescue and helped set everything up, and I think we managed to pull it off...
I say think because it was just a blur of activity (in ganache-melting 36'C heat!)
Here are some pic's before everything (including the guests!) melted....

Paper pompoms

 Mermaid photo prop (thanks to brett@acresofpixels.co.za) 


 The purple and aqua tutu that I made ... and that the party-girl refused to wear...


Children's treats table

Mermaid Cake

Sea-themed cake pops

...cupcakes

Shell and starfish cookies




Underwater details

 
...and the modelling chocolate mermaid cake topper, who succumbed to the heat like the rest of us!



I'll share the cake recipe I used on my next post.


Have a great week!

xxM

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marina
    Do you have the fish / shell moulds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I have sea shell moulds, but unfortunately not the tiny fish.

      Delete